Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Inland Lake - October Something, 2006


This is my wife's first voyage. Inland Lake is such a beautiful place.
Funny story: As my wife and I turned a bend in this narrow lake we spooked a few deer. One of which was a fawn. The fawn's extincts told it to jump into the lake for some crazy reason, even though that's where we were. The mother deer had already made it into the woods before realizing her baby was taking a swim. After realizing this she came back to the waters edge and proceeded to stomp the ground while grunting and carrying on. I was just amazed at this. I feared that this fawn would drown because it was heading for a shear rock wall and would have no chance to escape the two yellow and orange lake monsters. I then paddled as fast as I could to head off the fawn and made it turn back. Such an enjoyable experience.
Brian Westcott

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home